I am not, nor have I ever really been a huge fan of soda. When I started my new healthy lifestyle it was the easiest thing to cut out, hello sparkling water (yum)! I can barely stomach coffee, anything bigger than a "tall" at Starbucks and you can guarantee I will not finish it. However, when it comes to tea, I am a full blown addict. I constantly have an array of teas in my kitchen, my last count was 14 boxes (each a different type), but I still don't have as many as I wish did (broke college kid syndrome). I have a very large container of iced tea in my fridge, and I'm currently sipping on a cup of hot mint green tea. Life is currently very good. It does seem kind of weird though to dedicate an entire blog post to my love of tea, but believe it or not tonight's cup of tea is what inspired me to get back to blogging.
My senior year of high school, which feels like forever ago now, I had a blog called Teenage Tastebuds and I loved it. I used it to express my love of food and test out the field of food journalism. My last blog post was in August of 2014, just a few days before I moved out of my parents' house and into a tiny shoe box of dorm with no kitchen :( I stopped blogging because I didn't have anything to write about except dorm food, which with it's crazy high sodium levels I partially blame for my weight gain. But tonight as I was sitting at my kitchen table in my apartment, sipping my tea, I thought about how much I enjoyed sharing my meal experiences with anyone willing to read about them and that I should get back to that. I'm constantly telling my mom about all the meals I make, and if it's really good I'll share the recipe with my boyfriend's mom, who shares my passion for delicious recipes. So here I am, fingers on keyboard, tea easily within reach, preparing myself to get back into this. I hope someone, anyone, will join me on this adventure of healthy cooking and dining options. I actually, surprisingly, enjoy it so maybe you will too.
On to my next cup of tea,
Madison
P.S. I didn't write about what I made for dinner tonight because I didn't have any pictures of it. But don't worry, it was delicious and I'll be making it again soon.
P.P.S. In case you're curious, my next cup of tea is chamomile, my favorite.

No comments:
Post a Comment